The Canberra Art Workshop firmly believes in protecting your privacy and the security of your personal information. We are committed to complying with applicable laws and regulations to ensure that any information you share with us is kept securely. We do not rent, sell or distribute our customer base or newsletter subscribers to anyone. We never collect credit/debit card information as we use a third-party payment processor to handle this information securely. None of your credit/debit card information is stored anywhere on our website.
What data do we collect?
When you place an order on our website we collect the following information in order to fulfill your order and contact you, should a query arise:
- Email address
- Postage and billing addresses
- Phone number
If you choose to opt
into emails from The Canberra Art Workshop, either by opting in at the time of purchase or signing up separately, the below information is held by MailChimp:
- Email address
This information is used to send occasional newsletters, exhibition information, discount codes or updates to the website.
Third Parties and their Privacy Policies.
In order to run the canberraartworkshop.org.au website efficiently, we use the following
third party websites/programs, which also comply with the applicable data protection laws:
anonymised information and analytics about our customers, but without identifying you. The types of cookies that we may use are listed below:
- Website functionality cookies which allow you to navigate the website and use features such as “Add to cart”.
- Website analytics cookies which allow us to measure and
analysehow our customers use the website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies which will remember your preferences (such as your location) when browsing or shopping on our website, so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible and more personal to you.
What are your rights?
Right to access
: You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact email@example.com and we will be able to provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
Right to portability
: Whenever The Canberra Art Workshop processes your personal data, based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification
: You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if it is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed. If you have an account you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to edit your personal data. If you are a newsletter subscriber, you can update your subscriber information through the link in the footer of our newsletters.
Right to erasure: You have the right to erase any personal data processed by The Canberra Art Workshop at any time except for the following situations:
- You have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- You have an open order which has not yet been shipped
- You have an unsettled debt with The Canberra Art Workshop
- You are suspected to or have misused our services within the last four years
- You have made a purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for bookkeeping rules. Erasure of any personal data withdraws the ability for The Canberra Art Workshop to trace previous proof of purchase and may prevent the opportunity to exchange or refund an item.
Right to object to direct marketing: You have the right to object to direct marketing. You can opt-out from direct marketing by following the instructions in the footer of each newsletter.