WORKSHOP: INVESTIGATING COLOUR WITH EXPRESSIVE ACRYLICS with Ann RaymentAcrylics
Be brave, learn the tricks to make your work sing .
Places are limited to 12 students for all workshops.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
16–17 October 2021
Two day investigating colour workshop.
You will learn techniques to handle colour. You will explore the mixing process and how to record and apply the colours to create rich harmonious paintings. The workshop will focus on acrylic paint but the principals can be transferred to watercolour or oils.
Day 1: learn the techniques and tricks
Day 2: apply what you’ve learnt to create a harmonious floral painting
About the tutor
I am a mixed media landscape artist from Dolphin point, NSW. Teaching art classes and workshops from my studio/gallery in Leeton NSW was my life before moving to the coast in December 2019. I love the looseness and unpredictability of marks and experimenting with colour in layers. The diversity of the Australian landscape is inspiration for my work. I explore the landscape through experimenting loosely with mediums such as ink, pastel, charcoal, acrylic and collage.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
Paints: Acrylic preferredThe following colour names are only suggestions. A cool and warm of each primary.
- Warm red (tomato ): pyrrole red or cadmium red medium
- Cool red: (crimson), allizarine crimson or napthol crimson
- Warm yellow (sun): cad yellow medium,
- Cool yellow (lemon): arylamide yellow light or cadmium yellow light, or lemon yellow Warm blue (royal) — ultramarine blue
- Cool blue (Greeny blue): cerulean or pthalo or cobalt
- Titanium White
Good ones to have as well
- Transparent colours: deep rose madder Australian Sienna(Matisse), transparent red oxide, transparent umber
- Others: Yellow ochre, turquoise, purple.
Brushes: all sorts — flat, round, wash, rigger/liner, shaggy, large house brushes, foam brush
- 6 sheets A2 or A3 cartridge paper
- 1 small canvas 30x30cm approx
- 1 larger canvas 60x60cm or 76x76cm approx
- Art journal (A3) or book to take notes
- Colour Wheel
- Acrylic medium
- Paper towel
- Water spray bottle (Empty spray and wipe or similar)
- Palette knife
- Drop sheet (old tablecloth)
- Water bucket
- Small bowls or palette for glazes
- White plastic plates for palette (smooth)
- Water bucket.
HOW THE FORM WORKS
It is far easier and quicker to pay for a product or service on a website with a credit card / Debit card.
CAW has set up a simple form below to allow you to book your Workshop, Art Group or Tutored Class and pay immediately. You will receive an email confirming your booking and payment.
- Go to the form and select the appropriate Fee.
- The Total should reflect your selection
- Complete your card details and then click SUBMIT.
If applicable on the form you selected, our 'count-down' shows you how many spots are still available for this class. It reduces after every booking and when '0' no more bookings can be made. However, the SUBMIT button still works. So please DO NOT click submit when you see '0' spots left.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKSHOP: 211016–17 INVESTIGATING COLOUR WITH EXPRESSIVE ACRYLICS with Ann Rayment (203)BOOKING FORM
Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 October 2021.
This workshop has a limit of 12 students to ensure the quality of instruction. Payment includes model fee & refreshments. BYO lunch.
"*" indicates required fields