INVESTIGATING COLOUR WITH EXPRESSIVE ACRYLICS with Ann Rayment
|Date||30–31 October 2021, Saturday and Sunday|
|Time||10.00am–4.00pm both days|
|Location||M16 Artspace, Studio B|
|Address||21 Blaxland Crescent Griffith ACT|
|Class size||12 students per class|
|Price||Members $286 | Non-members $358|
- Additional information
- Materials list
- About the tutor
- Skill level
- Cancellation / refund policy
Two day investigating colour workshop.
You will learn techniques to handle colour. You will explore the mixing process and how to record and apply the colours to create rich harmonious paintings. The workshop will focus on acrylic paint but the principals can be transferred to watercolour or oils.
Day 1: learn the techniques and tricks
Day 2: apply what you’ve learnt to create a harmonious floral painting
All materials supplied in the course cost.
Participants may wish to print their own images as source material.
Wear old clothes or aprons.
Paints: Acrylic preferredThe following colour names are only suggestions. A cool and warm of each primary.
- Warm red (tomato ): pyrrole red or cadmium red medium
- Cool red: (crimson), allizarine crimson or napthol crimson
- Warm yellow (sun): cad yellow medium,
- Cool yellow (lemon): arylamide yellow light or cadmium yellow light, or lemon yellow Warm blue (royal) — ultramarine blue
- Cool blue (Greeny blue): cerulean or pthalo or cobalt
- Titanium White
Good ones to have as well
- Transparent colours: deep rose madder Australian Sienna(Matisse), transparent red oxide, transparent umber
- Others: Yellow ochre, turquoise, purple.
Brushes: all sorts — flat, round, wash, rigger/liner, shaggy, large house brushes, foam brush
- 6 sheets A2 or A3 cartridge paper
- 1 small canvas 30x30cm approx
- 1 larger canvas 60x60cm or 76x76cm approx
- Art journal (A3) or book to take notes
- Colour Wheel
- Acrylic medium
- Paper towel
- Water spray bottle (Empty spray and wipe or similar)
- Palette knife
- Drop sheet (old tablecloth)
- Water bucket
- Small bowls or palette for glazes
- White plastic plates for palette (smooth)
- Water bucket.
About the tutor
I am a mixed media landscape artist from Dolphin point, NSW. Teaching art classes and workshops from my studio/gallery in Leeton NSW was my life before moving to the coast in December 2019. I love the looseness and unpredictability of marks and experimenting with colour in layers. The diversity of the Australian landscape is inspiration for my work. I explore the landscape through experimenting loosely with mediums such as ink, pastel, charcoal, acrylic and collage.
All levels: beginner to advanced.
Cancellation / refund policy
If you find you are no longer able to attend:
- Please advise firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP so we can notify the next in line.
- Please include your name and the name of the workshop/event.
- Refunds will be given at CAW’s discretion, if:
- The participant withdraws from the event or workshop at least 14 days prior to commencement.
- The place can be filled by someone on the waiting list.
- The workshop is cancelled by CAW.