EXPRESSIVE LANDSCAPE PAINTING with Stavros Papantoniou
|Date||17–18 July 2021, Saturday and Sunday|
|Time||10.00am–4.00pm both days|
|Location||M16 Artspace, Studio B|
|Address||21 Blaxland Crescent Griffith ACT|
|Class size||12 students per class|
|Price||Members $225 | Non-members $285|
12 in stock
- Additional information
- Materials list
- About the tutor
- Cancellation / refund policy
- Skill level
Stavros will give a brief demonstration and discuss the various aspects that go to create an expressive landscape painting.
Utilising these concepts, and working from their chosen image, participants will explore composition, design, tone, and technique and produce a completed landscape during the weekend.
This will be a practical ‘hands-on’ workshop and Stavros will offer guidance, and assist participants in the development of their work.
All materials supplied in the course cost.
Participants may wish to print their own images as source material.
Wear old clothes or aprons.
PAINTS: Titanium white
Yellow oxide / yellow ochre
Stretched canvas or board or paper (landscape format) as appropriate for medium
Brushes (bristle or nylon): various sizes in flats and rounds
Flat palette knife
Wooden palette or disposable paper palette
2B and 4B pencils
Blade for sharpening
Transparent plastic ruler
Easel: table or tripod as preferred.
About the tutor
Stavros Papantoniou has been a practising and exhibiting artist for more than 40 years. His work is represented in the Julian Ashton Art School Collection, Sydney as well as private collections in Sweden, the United Kingdom and Australia.
He studied at the Julian Ashton Art School, Sydney, followed by Post Graduate Professional Art Studies at the City Art Institute, Sydney. He then completed Master of Fine Arts Degree, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney.
AREAS OF PARTICULAR EXPERTISE
- DRAWING: Expert draughtsman having undertaken extensive study in figurative drawing, anatomy, and perspective.
- PAINTING: Skilled in the use of oils, acrylics, watercolour, egg-tempera and wax encaustic.
- Lecturer in Methods, Media and Materials in Painting, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney
- Teaching Composition related to Figurative Art, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney
- Conducting Life Drawing Summer Schools, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney
- Conducted annual painting tours to the Greek Islands for 10 years
- Currently teaching Advanced Oil, Acrylic and Watercolour Painting Techniques, Waverley Woollahra Arts School, Sydney
- Currently conducting open workshop classes in all media at Gallery on Track, Goulburn
Cancellation / refund policy
If you find you are no longer able to attend:
- Please advise email@example.com ASAP so we can notify the next in line.
- Please include your name and the name of the workshop/event.
- Refunds will be given at CAW’s discretion, if:
- The participant withdraws from the event or workshop at least 14 days prior to commencement.
- The place can be filled by someone on the waiting list.
- The workshop is cancelled by CAW.
Beginners to Advanced