Art Prize 2022
Call for entries
Entries are open for the Meroogal Women’s Art Prize 2022 – now in its 19th year.
Women artists from across NSW are invited to submit works, in any medium, that respond to the historic house of Meroogal, and consider its place within broader historical and contemporary contexts. Artists can draw inspiration from the personal stories of the four generations of women who once lived there, and explore the rich collection of objects that are still contained within the house.
- 1st Prize: $7000, a Bundanon artist-in-residence scholarship,* and Sydney Living Museums membership
- 2nd Prize: $1500, a solo exhibition at the Shoalhaven Regional Gallery, Nowra, including an opening event, and Sydney Living Museums membership
- Highly Commended Award: $1500 and Sydney Living Museums membership
- People’s Choice Award: $500 and Sydney Living Museums membership (to be announced at the close of the exhibition)
The judges for this year’s prize are:
- Bronwyn Coulston, Manager – Arts & Culture, Shoalhaven City Council
- Rachel Kent, CEO, Bundanon
- Rebecca Bushby, Director, Audience & Creative Production, Sydney Living Museums
- Janet Laurence, artist
Finalists’ artworks will be displayed throughout the property in an exhibition open to the public from 17 September 2022.
This year, Sydney Living Museums will again be waiving the artist entry fee, to make the prize as accessible as possible.
Entries close at 4pm on Tuesday 2 August 2022.
Visit our website for full entry details, including T&Cs, FAQs and the entry form.