WORKSHOP: LANDSCAPE MASTERCLASS with Anne–France Fulgence 2021Mixed, acrylic, oil, dry media
Basic experience in drawing and painting.
Places are limited to 12 students for all workshops.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
21–22 August 2021
From the selection of photographs to the realisation of a series of paintings, learn the many aspects of landscape painting: preparation of painting support, selection of a colour palette, how to mix colours in a simple way for maximum effect. Explore composition, the mood, feeling, and atmosphere in acrylic, oil paint, and mixed medium gaining confidence and inspiration, to work in a range of mediums and techniques. By the end of the weekend, you could expect to take home artworks on canvas and paper and a large mixed medium work on paper.
About the tutor
Anne-France Fulgence is an established artist, living and working in Kangaroo Valley, NSW. A-F (as she likes to be called) has been professionally exhibiting her work for the past 19 years fluctuating from portraiture of hunting dogs, to portraiture of their owner, to the wilderness of the Australian land and sea scapes. Born in Morocco, A-F studied in France, before immigrating to Australia, attributing to her French ancestry, her sense of drama and wild romanticism. In addition to exhibiting, A-F teaches drawing and painting workshops at the BDAS in Bowral. Her work has been selected for many art prizes, been awarded several wins and many highly commended titles.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
Two canvases no bigger than 40 x 40 cm (they must be square). It is essential that you take care in preparing your canvas prior to class, with 2 coats of artist quality gesso, a smooth finish is preferred. You will not have time to prepare canvas during the class.
- A drop sheet to protect your table, white if possible.
- Gesso, you must gesso everything that you paint on. Gesso must be of artist quality, “atelier” “Matisse”, “Golden”, to give an example of some reputable brands.
- A variety of brushes, from large house brush (4 cm), to the small detailing ones.
- If using acrylic medium, bring Clear painting medium, to thin acrylic paint.
- Titanium white, primary yellow, yellow ochre, a strong clean red, ultramarine blue and burnt umber are the principal colours you should have at all times, plus bring what you have.
- If using oil paint bring odourless solvent and linseed oil, (no other medium will be allowed in class).
- Spray fixative
- An old towel
- Spray water bottle
- 2 small plastic buckets (1 litre)
- Willow AND compressed charcoal
- Art diary, or a pad of drawing papers
- Bulldog clip, masking tape, blade, scissors
- Tape measure, calculator, metallic ruler, camera
- Disposable palettes are a good idea. For oil paint I use a sheet of baking paper, preferably white
- For acrylic palette, I use a flat plastic container (size is around A4)with a lid. I line the bottom with newspaper or cotton rag, cover with some baking paper, and the acrylic paint stays open all-day
- Rags (lots), cotton is best
- Gloves, apron, etc.
- (as above) 2 canvases no bigger than 40 x 40 cm – they must be square. It is essential that you take care in preparing the prior to class, with 2 coats of artist quality gesso, a smooth finish is preferred. You will not have time to prepare canvas during the class.
- 4 sheets of watercolour paper 350gsm smooth, size 25 x 25 cm, primed with gesso on both sides – minimum 2 coats
- I will provide the large paper sheet.
HOW THE FORM WORKS
It is far easier and quicker to pay for a product or service on a website with a credit card / Debit card.
CAW has set up a simple form below to allow you to book your Workshop, Art Group or Tutored Class and pay immediately. You will receive an email confirming your booking and payment.
- Go to the form and select the appropriate Fee.
- The Total should reflect your selection
- Complete your card details and then click SUBMIT.
If applicable on the form you selected, our 'count-down' shows you how many spots are still available for this class. It reduces after every booking and when '0' no more bookings can be made. However, the SUBMIT button still works. So please DO NOT click submit when you see '0' spots left.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org