CAW Annual Members’ Exhibition
On Show 2021: Troubled Light
Get your artwork ready now—the submission deadline is imminent!
Exhibition Dates: Sunday 18 April–Sunday 23 May 2021
Gallery: The Link Ginninderry,1 McClymont Way Strathnairn ACT 2615 (adjacent to Strathnairn Arts Association)
IMPORTANT DATES for your diary
Sunday 11 April by 5.00pm: deadline for online submissions (see details below)
Friday 16 April 1.00–3.00pm:
- Deadline for delivery of artworks: drop off at M16 / CAW studio
- Please wrap your artwork carefully as it will be transported for you to The Link at Strathnairn.
Saturday 17 April – curation and hanging of the exhibition
Ilona Lasmanis is our exhibition curator and will be overseeing the hang, being handled by Berend Kaark.
Sunday 18 April 2.00pm: Exhibition Opening
We are planning a party! Drinks will be provided – please bring a plate.
Sunday 23 May from 2.00pm: Demount and Pickup
- You will be able to pick your artworks up from The Link from 2.00pm on Sunday 23 May.
- If you can’t manage to get there your artwork(s) will be transported to M16 for pick up from the CAW studio on Monday 24 May.
- must be a financial CAW member
- may submit up to 3 entries with payment via the form on the CAW website
- can be in any media and on any support (works on paper will be accepted)
- should reflect the theme: Troubled Light (see more details below)
- must be photographed or copied as a high-resolution (1Mb-3Mb) jpeg image
- the entry form will require you to submit your images (see below)
NB: label the actual image (in the title field) with: Artist Name_Date_Title_Media_Size (cm h x w)
- $40, or $35 for seniors/pensioners, per artwork (non-refundable)
- the fee must be paid at the same time as lodgment of entry form and image to ensure eligibility
Entries: must be submitted by 5.00pm on 11 April
- All applicants must complete the entry form (one per artwork) on the CAW website
- Find it here – Exhibitions/On Show 2021
- Entry details include:
- contact details of the artist (name, address, phone number)
- sale price or NFS
- a 25-word description of the artwork
All artworks will be displayed at the exhibition, subject to curation, and also on the CAW Online Gallery
THEME – Troubled Light.
The exhibition has two sub-themes:
• The light and colours of our environments
• The light and colours of our inner lives
The metaphysical issues raised by colour concern the nature both of physical reality and of the mind.
- colour, as we know it, is a sensation
- though apparently it can be enjoyed by relatively few of the more than 6,000 species of mammals
- despite the well-known sensation of colour we enjoy, neither objects nor lights are actually ‘coloured’ in anything like the way we experience them
- the colour of something is our perception of its appearance, as a result of the way in which it reflects light
- colour and its contradictions raise serious metaphysical issues
- is colour part of a mind-independent reality?
- what account can an artist give of their experiences of colour?