BE BRAVE #4PASTEL
Places are limited to 12 students for all workshops.
2–3 November 2019
Some experience with the medium and/or subject, but looking to learn new techniques and try new materials or those with advanced skills.
Learn to paint and draw quickly, with energy and passion.
About the tutor
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- At least 6-10 different images, A4 size, that the artist will be “interpreting” Note: Please spend some time selecting your images. Make sure you have a “focal point” and some decent tonal contrast within the image. If the photo has a lot of detail that is crucial to the feeling of the image, you will probably have to spend comparable time working that up with dry media and it will test your drawing skills. We don’t want to get bogged down with too much detail over the whole image. Choose your images before choosing your papers, then you might get some ideas about background colours. Please do not work from your phone or ipad.
- 6-8 sheets of A2 size Art Spectrum Colour Fix paper or Canson Mi-Teintes or similar with grit, at least 4 should be mid-toned. The important thing is that the paper is able to absorb heaps of water without distorting. The heavy grit papers work well, as would 300gsm or higher watercolour paper. If you want to use watercolour paper instead, perhaps try the smooth surface papers (so we can have “slip”). We will use a full (or ½ if necessary) sheet for each composed image because the larger size will free you up a bit. Allow 3-4 of the A2 size sheets per day.
- Acrylic paints, palette, palette knives, water jars, sprayer bottle. I like to work straight from the tub of acrylic paint, (dipping my brush straight in!) without taking time to mix colours on a palette. Maybe get several tubs of premixed colours that might work with your selected images, so you can work quickly…just a thought. If you really want to mix colours, please ensure your palette is big enough
- Various Brushes – at least a couple that are at least 3cms wide
- Sponges, scrapers, old credit card, palette knives, or anything to make marks with
- Drawing materials: graphite, charcoal, conte crayons (suggest black, white, grey and brown), pastels, even inks if you wish. There are some terrific new coloured water soluble graphite sticks and other interesting things to try.
- Any other materials to throw into the “mix”
- Tape or tacks for sticking up your image so you can see it easily without having to handle it, which breaks the flow and rhythm of painting, right?
- Please wear clothing that you are prepared to get messy!
NEVER PURCHASED ONLINE BEFORE?
It is far easier and quicker to pay for a product or service on a website with PayPal and credit cards.
CAW has set up a simple form below to allow you to book your workshop and pay immediately. You will receive an email confirming your booking and payment.
You may either create a PayPal account by clicking the buttons at the top of the BOOKING FROM or complete the form and pay with a credit card after clicking the SUBMIT button.
You can use debit cards that work with MasterCard or VISA.